[softwarelist] Re: Picture import problems - OPW 2.92 (12 Jan 2011)

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:48:05 +0100

In article <mpro.m2y2ek00i1n8t00dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When you drag and drop a picture in to a frame. If the frame is
> > empty and is not an auto linked master frame, then the picture is
> > imported and converts the frame in to a picture frame.

> OK, so the empty frame on p1 would have been a master one.  But
> surely so would those on the next pages?

> Is there any way to specify that a frame when you create it is a
> picture one not a text one?

So far as I can see, no. Frames are frames: they accept text or a
picture in them. But if you put a picture in a frame containing text,
the picture quite logically displaces the text already there.

> In this particular document all I wanted to do was create a
> framework to hold about 30 full-page A4 scans, so there was just a
> master page with a frame on it, and nothing else.  Then I added 2
> more empty pages and dragged the first 3 images in.

Let me suggest a way to achieve this.

a) Create a frame - an ordinary frame, not a master frame - in your
first page, the size of your intended pictures.

b) Copy that empty frame (Ctrl+C) to the clipboard.

c) Now create an extra empty page (Menu > Page > Create new page:
after 1).

d) Paste (Ctrl+V) the frame you've copied into this new page 2.

e) You can't simply create (say) 30 further pages after the last
empty one - its a logical issue which has previously been discussed.
But, having put the duplicate blank frame on page 2, you're at
liberty to go back to page 1 and add (say) 30 pages _between_ that
and page 2: (Menu > Page > Create 30 new pages: after 1). You've now
got 32 pages.

f) You can now paste (Ctrl+V) the frame you originally copied into
each of these new pages.

g) All that remains to do is to drop the different pictures into the
individual frame on each page.

Obviously if you want more than one frame on a page, you simply change
the size of the existing frame and create another new frame in that
page too.

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx