[softwarelist] Re: Pasting text and graphics into OPW from Windows global clipboard

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:44:29 +0000

In message <472453AF.8030403@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

This morning, I saved the OmniPage output as a plain text file (using Notepad++), then drag and dropped the text file into a blank OPW document ... same result! So, not a Clipboard issue, I presume.

Please let me have the text file (by private email). If I can reproduce the problem I can fix it.

I also notice that when I open up the Windows Task Manager to kill the OPW application, there are two identical entries for OPW in the Applications pane. Both say, "<Task> Document 1.dpd * at 90% <Status> Not responding". Is this normal? Killing one removes both entries.

Sounds odd, but once things go wrong, anything can happen.

Could this be a bad install of OPW? If so, I haven't noticed any problem editing files created previously in OPW.

I doubt it is a bad installation. Just sounds like a bug to me.