[softwarelist] Re: PagePal 1.03

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:06:25 +0000

Hi,

In message <50dc4681d8asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keith Hopper <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
    Might the 'sticking' have anything to do with the display of page
numbers in the Print window?

NO!

 Since the latest 2.77 version there have been
two occasions when the page number shown was wildly incorrect - always
after having printed a multi-page document - then loading and wanting to
print a single sided document. This has only happened to me twice, but on
the first occasion the number 12 and on the next the number 3 were shown.
The documents I had previously printed both, it so happens, had 24 pages.

The reason for my confidence about the pagepal applet is that the problem was in the applet, it has been present for many years. Your printing problem is probably a bug in the main program - however even then there have not been changes to page number code in the last few versions. Going back slightly further (i.e. a year or two see the changes file) I did fix a bug in the code which understands page numbers - things like using

a10

if you want to go to (or print) the 10th page in the document (as opposed to page number 10 - there may be many page number 10's in a document)