[softwarelist] Re: PagePal 1.03

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:18:50 +0000 (GMT)

In article <D7AA67B942A74990B982DE2AF13AAACF@PC01>,
   John Grogan <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Windows the PagePal dialogue is hidden until I select it from
> the Applet menu.  This is fine because it's really only useful for
> big documents.  On RiscOS, however, it always appears when I run
> OvationPro which means that 99% of the time I have to close it
> manually.  Is there any way to leave it active but hidden until
> selected (as on Windows)?

> I'm quite happy to modify the OvPScrpt file if that's the way to do
> it but I would need some guidance!

I have just tried the following on my system.

Open !OvnPro.Applets.!PagePal.Library.PagePal in a text editor. The
fourth line reads

int pagepal_toolbox = 1;

Change the 1 to a zero and rerun OvnPro.

The pagepal dialogue will now remain hidden until its menu entry in
the Applets menu is ticked.

Chris...