[softwarelist] Re: !PDF Import - RISC OS

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:38:28 +0000

Hi Peter,

On 23/01/2019 13:06, Peter Young wrote:

Are you sure that's the right link? A lovely photo by David, but I can't
see anything about TransPDF.

https://www.davidpilling.com/cd/DavidPilling/Filters/transpdf.html

oops.

http://www.cheltglosntc.btck.co.uk/Contact%20us accessed from the
"download the form from here" link. The added bit is the "how did you hear
about us", and I think it looks pretty good.

Yes that does look good.

GhostScript does have the ability to export bitmaps - could be better, could be worse.

Faced with the same problem I created a html form designed to be printed. The advantage being that people could fill it in by typing before printing it.

Hand writing is not always easy to read, and not everyone wants to write by hand.

Here's my html form. ISTR html has code for specifying rendering size, it's not just a web page.

https://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/membershipapplication.html

I discovered recently that a relative was allowed to read his final dissertation at Cambridge due to his bad handwriting.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com