[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro new version 5th. January 2010

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 19:46:04 +0000 (GMT)

In article <9J4lrUCTiJRLFwIe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> It's come to light that there is a bug in both the Windows and RISC OS
> version of Ovation Pro - if a line of text is split in to more than 32
> pieces by other objects memory corruption can occur.

> This is probably a rare event, so don't rush to upgrade. However a fix
> is available:

> New RISC OS version:

> http://www.davidpilling.com/ovationpro/upgrade/op277.zip

> New Windows version:

> http://www.davidpilling.info/cd/DavidPilling/OvationPro/InstallOvnPro.exe

Thanks for that Mr P.

I did have a problem with the Win Installer on Window 7, however despite
the error moan it did seem to install okay.

Err was:

"An error occurred during installation. The requested operation cannot be
performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

(createFile)(1244)(File path for the install)".

For what it's worth, only Windows Explorer was running, with one window
open containing the Ovro.exe file.

Dave

The RO version installed okay.

I'm off to Google for the meaning of the above err.

Dave Triffid