[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and pictures -- Artworks

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:40:07 +0000

Hi,

In message <0f96216852.cferris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Colin Ferris <cferris@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
Is it possible to keep PNG's as PNG files - as !Easiwrite' seems to do
-to save OP's file size?

Well yes it is possible, but not likely.

I can offer you JPEG, they're kept intact inside OP documents.

Oddly enough I was going to comment on Dave Symes posting that I am not a fan of taking bitmaps that are non-photographic and saving them as JPEG.

There's a fashion in programming at the moment "optimisation is bad", presumably justified by memory size going from 32K to 4GB (131072 times) in 30 years. What's the point saving a few bytes.

I was wrong when I said "what you put in to OP you get out", because the 'transloader' conversion system (invented by Computer Concepts) converts things like PNG, TIFF etc. into Sprites in the document.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK