[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RO 5.23

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 12:57:22 +0100

Hi Dave,

About the missing sprites file.

Firstly I'd assume it is called "sprites" not !sprites or variations thereof.

There seem to be Sprites and Sprites22 files. The latter will be used in higher res screen modes. That opens the way for a bug that is screen mode dependent.

You can have a missing Sprites file and won't see the error until you run the program in a low res screen mode.

Applets have these Sprites files, which means finding the missing file may be difficult.

The main OP program has a Sprites file in !OvnPro.!OvnResDir.UK

We could do to know the value of Obey$Dir when the error occurs. I don't know how you get that.

The tedious way to find the problem is to do a search on !OvnPro for Sprites22 then look which one of them does not have a Sprites with it.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com