[softwarelist] Re: OPW and Windows 7 - mouse speed

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:47:16 +0000

In message <50ba1c4d49chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Speaking from a position of total ignorance, I would have thought the
OS dealt directly with mouse movement, and individual apps were only
involved when a specific event (click, drag etc) occurred.

I suspect it depends how apps handle the mouse, and there will be different approaches. For example when is the cursor changed and how often, or...

There is in Windows the concept of "mouse capture"[1], I wonder if Clive's environment is using mouse capture by an app. as a trigger to slow down mouse movement. I'd investigate if mouse movement is slower when dragging is taking place in other apps.

[1] mouse trapping? 8-)