[softwarelist] Re: OPW and Windows 7 - mouse speed

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:18:50 +0000

On 14 Nov 2009, at 09:51, David Scott wrote:

I have had Ovation for Windows working directly under Windows 7 for two weeks now and have found no problems so far.

Even the installation was straightforward (install the program using the 'run as administrator' option on the right click menu) with no problems raised during installation.

I reinstalled OPW using "run as administrator" ... but it makes no difference.

There have been no observable problems with mouse (or keyboard) during its use. Perhaps the problem area is the virtual machine software?

It's possible ... and I'll report it on the VMware Fusion discussion forum. But consider this ...

If I open a WordPad window in Windows 7, and drag the mouse across the full width of the screen, when the mouse pointer reaches the text input area (white rectangle) it changes to the I-shaped text caret, but there is no discernible speed change. So far, I've only observed the speed change with OPW.

Test 2: position the mouse pointer on the desktop background (outside the OPW window) and move the mouse in a circular motion so that the pointer circumscribes a circle of, say, 2-inches diameter. Then position the mouse pointer over the OPW master frame and try to do the same -- the caret moves in a circle with a much smaller diameter.

There is clearly a difference in mouse behaviour between WordPad and OPW! Does that suggest a problem with the VM software or with OPW?

Does anyone else have OPW running in Windows 7 on a Mac using VMware Fusion?