[softwarelist] Re: Master pages

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:16:57 +0000

Hi,

What we're saying is that if Chapter 5 is based on the master pages of Chapter 1, then changes to Chapter 1 master pages update Chapter 5 as well as Chapter 1.

This is how Impression works, where there is a gallery of master pages which can be selected from for each chapter in the document.

I did think more about this, it is actually not too difficult, just change the associations between document and master pages.

But there will be complications as soon as you get into deleting chapters, copying chapters, backwards compatibility with old copies of the program.

www.davidpilling.com