[softwarelist] Re: How to stop mis-spellings being underlined?

  • From: "Colin Carnegie" <colinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:12:11 +0100 (BST)

Hi

> In message <5c99454750.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 5 Apr, Barry E Allen  wrote in message
>>   <5047443e54barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> I was wondering if there was any way to stop mis-spellings being
>>> underlined in Ovation Pro?
>
>> View->Options-> (Spelling errors) from the main menu.
>
> It is a feature I like so I wonder if one can make it a default? From
> this thread it seems Barry had it as such.
>
> Come to think of it how do you make a font default such as Homerton?

Open up !OvnPro (Shift-DbleClick on the app) then open !OvnResDir (ditto) In
it you'll see a stylesheet called 'Default' - make a backup first, then,
make any changes to any thing you need there, and resave. I've set things
like default backgrounds for new frames in it, as well as the default
Bodytext style, and have a stack of other 'standard' styles defined as well.
If you want, you can also define what view options are 'on' or 'off' eg
guidelines, print margins etc, but in that case I think I found that you
have to resave as an OvPro *document* (with the name Default) rather than a
stylesheet. I suspect David will be along to suggest why this might not be
such a good idea, but it seems to work ok for me...