[softwarelist] Re: Help!

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:00:53 GMT

In message <53d24ef77fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Help please!

> I've spent a couple of hours constructing one of my HowTo documents for a
> friend, in the Win Version of OvPro.

> It was explaining how to do certain processed in a particular Win graphics
> application.

> As I was constructing the OvPro document, I went through the processes in
> the Win graphic application, copying and pasting relevant illustrations
> into frames in OvPro.

> All fine and dandy and the now edited and finished HowTo document is
> looking as I expected it to, including the illustrations.

> I've Saved the document, and printed a PDF version.

> Then I transferred the OvPro HowTo over the LAN to this RO machine ready
> to shove it up the line to my friend.

> But... when loaded into RO OvPro it has no illustrations.

> The frames are there, as are the legends attached to the illos, but no
> pictures.

> Back to the Win OvPro, I've re-run the HowTo file there and the graphics
> are intact.

> Nasty...
> What's going on, and if I switch my PC off will that HowTo also lose the
> graphics I crafted.

I suspect the graphics have been pasted in a format that RO cannot
display. I don't know how you would find out what they were. Maybe
Picture Reference would tell you - if that menu option is in the
Windows version.

It's not the usual one of referenced pictures not being found - that
happens if you copy an OPro document with referenced pictures between
systems, and results in OPro refusing to open a window with a picture
in, until View Pictures is turned off.

Actually this is exactly what you would see if View Pictures is turned
off.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx