[softwarelist] Re: Help!

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:45:51 GMT

In message <53d2521ef3dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <9MrUbUJ0ws6SFwkb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,

>> In message <53d24ef77fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
>> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>>As I was constructing the OvPro document, I went through the processes
>>>in the Win graphic application, copying and pasting relevant
>>>illustrations into frames in OvPro.

>> They are probably in the form of Windows .bmp (bitmap) images. These
>> won't render on Ovation Pro for RISC OS.

>> There's no automatic conversion, although it would be quite possible.
>> You could extract them all on Win, convert to Acorn Sprite using DPScan,
>> and save back, but that will be tedious.

> Thanks...
> Yes it appears they are in .bmp form and I'm certainly not re-doing a
> freeby project on which I've already spent some hours.

> Anyway, I have the okay Win OvPro versions, and I was only transferring it
> to RO to zip it up and shove it up the line.

> Panic over, but I must remember that loose floorboard next time I'm
> constructing on the Win side.  ;-)

> Thanks
> Dave

The simplest way to fix it (assuming it works, which I can't test) is
to run !DplngScan, then in OPro control-double-click each picture.
This *should* launch it into DPlngScan where you can use Save As to
save as jpeg, back into the document.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx