[softwarelist] Re: Fonts

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:48:00 +0000

Hi,

In message <5187f434eedave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes

That brings to mind a thought... Can OvPro for RISC OS do a reverse Font
mapping?
That is a doc created in Win OvPro using (Say) Architecture, brought into
RO OvPro would need to be substituted for George?

I think OP for Windows lets you do this. For one thing you can create a virtual 'font' called 'George' that's in Ovation Pro for Windows and it will store the name George in the document but use Architecture to display it on Windows, so when the document goes back to RISC OS it will work. For another I think you have control over the name put into the document for any font.

Look at the font mapping section of the OPW font manager window, the example given on the dialogue box (Homerton) is just what you want to do.

You can do all sort of things with font mapping in OPW, have to say that I would have to read the docs to understand it. There's no font mapping capability in the RISC OS version of OP.

Plan B: rename Architecture, George, i.e. on Windows outside OP.

In the end we couldn't use it because of its limited character set, and a
Win Ov Pro problem.

Ooh what was that.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK