[softwarelist] Re: Fonts

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:45:53 +0000 (GMT)

An interesting aside to this and my previous forays into RO/TTF font
translations a while back...

It has become apparent just how fragile the RO Font manager I'm using is,
Easy Font Pro (5.11), as on a number of occasions now, adding a new font
has caused the thing to scan and accept the font as okay, but at some
point later crash and die in such a way it's neither repairable or
recoverable, requiring deletion and then new copy from a backup.

I managed to totally destroy EFP four times during this last few days.

I now have quite a number of Fonts in the ...!Boot.Resources.!Fonts that
really mess with EFP, but are perfectly okay when use from within RO
!Fonts.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid