[softwarelist] Re: Find subscript

  • From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 19:40:41 +0100 (BST)

In <URL:news:local.opro> on Thu 24 May, Peter Prewett wrote:
> There must be a trick in replacing subscript/superscript with
> normal text but I have not found it yet:-((
>
> I have tried everything I can think off to do so all it tells me
> it is not found or it just replaces it with itself.
>
> Need to replace bold subscript s with a normal s.

How was the subscript and bold applied - local effects or styles?

If with styles the problem is trivial using the SRWE (Replace with Effect)
applet - find s in the style which made it subscript and replace with s in
the normal style.

If local effects were applied it may be easier to save out as DDL and use
search and replace on the text of the DDL file.

The following ddl fragment shows story_115 with the effects for bold and
subscript and story_116 is the same with those instructions removed. On its
own this is not valid DDL so you cannot simply save it as a ddl file and load
it into OPro to see what happens. With only 2 0r 3 words in a document it is
easy enough to look at and see the effect of editting like this.

Hope it might be some help.

<<start ddl>

STORY_115={story
{adduserstyle STYLE_01}