[softwarelist] Re: Creating PDF files

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:23:45 +0100

In article <4e644a8d11steyan@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Yandell <steyan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10 Sep, Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm trying to create a
> > PDF file from an OvationPro document which has a background image
> > (as per Dave Symes excellent instructions on watermarks). The PDF
> > file is created fine with one glaring exception - the 'watermark'
> > is monochrome when the original isn't.
> >
> > Is this because of the way the document is created, or should the
> > image be in colour as in the original document?
>
> Apart from David Pilling's caveats, have you set the postscript
> printer to colour?

One pitfall to watch out for is that if the PostScript driver (in
!Printers) is shared, the remote copies of it (here at least) revert to
colour being switched off, and this needs to be switched back on
whenever the local machine is re-started.  It holds the setting over a
quit and reload of !Printers, but the setting cannot be saved
permanently, I have found.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!