[softwarelist] Re: Creating PDF files

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:24:39 +0100

In message <4e6416c51ctricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm trying to create a PDF file
from an OvationPro document which has a background image (as per Dave Symes
excellent instructions on watermarks). The PDF file is created fine with
one glaring exception - the 'watermark' is monochrome when the original
isn't.
Is this because of the way the document is created, or should the image be
in colour as in the original document?

It would be good to know more - RISC OS or Windows, how the PDF is being created. But the first thought is horrors of RISC OS PostScript printer drivers, which would come down to is the watermark image different to the other images - for example it has a transparency mask and the others don't.

Put it another way the reason the watermark image is rendered differently is because it is a different type of image.

I wonder if anyone has ever written up all the snags and catches with PostScript on RISC OS? Anyway there are a lot, and there are ways around some of them.