[softwarelist] Creating PDF files

  • From: Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:28:56 +0100

On 10 Sep, in article <a82524644e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10 Sep, Tricia Garner wrote in message
>   <4e6416c51ctricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm trying to create a PDF
> > file from an OvationPro document which has a background image (as per
> > Dave Symes excellent instructions on watermarks). The PDF file is
> > created fine with one glaring exception - the 'watermark' is monochrome
> > when the original isn't.
> >
> > Is this because of the way the document is created, or should the image
> > be in colour as in the original document?

> It would be useful to know the method you're using to create the PDF, the
> platform you're doing it on, the versions of the software (particularly
> the PDF bits) and all the settings being used.

Oops, sorry. I seem to have solved it by converting the graphic to a
different format. Originally I used:

OvationPro version 2.76
!PrintPDF version 0.32
Graphic in TIFF format

but since my original post I applied the patch to OvationPro so it is now
version 2.77 and tried the graphic as a sprite. This time it has worked. Is
it likely to be the TIFF format which caused the problem?

Computer is Iyonix OS 5.09

--

Tricia

Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.