[softwarelist] Re: Columns

  • From: Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:46:14 +0100

In article <464AAE1C.4000802@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have tried creating as a master page the 15 frames, with a
> right hand border, butted up to each other across the page and
> linking them.

It's a fairly quick operation, and seems to work quite well, to compromise
between the two processes and create three linked frames with 5 columns
each. Three frames makes the maths easy as you simply make them all the
same size, leaving whatever gap between them as is necessary to separate
each column evenly. If your borders are horizontal as well as vertical,
then create solid horizontal lines to coincide with the frame tops/bottoms.

> The original file has 4 pages of 10 columns and saving the text and
> pasting into the new document with 15 linked frames (columns) does not
> create new pages. One has to create sufficient blank pages first before
> pasting. I thought that making a  the master page that any text
> overflow would automatically create a new frame.

You have to link the final frame back to the first one (on the master
page). You will be told that you're about to create an auto-chain link,
but that's ok 'cos that's what you want. That way, at the end of each page
OPro will create a new one for you and flow the text into it.

regards,

--
Robin Hampshire
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx