[softwarelist] Re: Columns

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ovation software list <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:09:16 +1000

The Master Page set-up cannot go above 10 columns in page and it only allows a change to the guttering or column width not both.

I have tried creating as a master page the 15 frames, with a right hand border, butted up to each other across the page and linking them. It is a long winded process as it requires copy and pasting left to right and then going right to left to bring each frame to the front to ensure the borders are showing and then going back to the document and no borders. It appears that one cannot but up (columned) frames with a border, master page with borders and the document no borders.
It may be that I need to create a space between each frame.

The original file has 4 pages of 10 columns and saving the text and pasting into the new document with 15 linked frames (columns) does not create new pages. One has to create sufficient blank pages first before pasting. I thought that making a the master page that any text overflow would automatically create a new frame.

I need linked columns that will hold 2 letter words, 3 letter words etc.

I have spent some time trying to get it right but it looks like a number of work arounds are needed.

Thanks for reading.

Peter
--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales