[softwarelist] Re: CMYK problem

  • From: William Lack <williamlack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:32:40 +0100

Just a follow-up to this thread. My publication has reached the light of day
and came out impeccably.

In summary I produced PDFs from OPW via Distiller and these were originally
in the RGB colour space. DP's advice re the text was to enable the direct
PostScript option and define all colours in CMYK space. I dealt with my 1bbp
sprites by importing them into !Artworks and exporting as CMYK. The colour
JPEGs were left as RGB and came out well. Interestingly there were several
greyscale JPEGs which were also RGB but came through unscathed and printed
fine.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

--
William Lack