[daveworld] Re: Trudging Through The Petri Dish

  • From: "Glenna Hanley" <ghanley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: daveworld@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, daveworld@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 23:45:07 +0000

I have anxiety all the time Marya about my brother. He has COPD and other health issues. He struggles to breathe on good days. He is home a lot but his wife runs here, there and everywhere. She seems to think he is safe as long as he is at home. She doesn't seem to realize she could take it home with her.
Our province just went back into the orange phase today. It is not the full lock down (which is the red phase) but we are supposed to stay at home as much as possible.
As for food, I am actually tired of eating chocolates and chicken bones (this is a sweet, sugary pink coating with a cinnamon filling made by a local and 100 plus year old company called Ganongs. I don't know why this candy is called chicken bones). I am ready for a bland diet of potatoes, pasta and pancakes and stuff like that.
I didn't know anyone personally who had Covid until my daughter-in-law's niece got sick. But they live in Norway so not anyone close where I live. She is 18 or 19. What is scary is now we are beginning to hear abut 40- year -olds dying from it.