[ctw] Re: Replacing CA2 with ASSP

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:29:12 -0400

Tony,

Are you on leopard? If so you can just proceed and the worst that can happen is assp doesn't startup properly and you can revert back.

If not on leopard, you will have to look at activestate (see docs) or running with assp 1.4.3. ActiveState should work for you. Others use it. I will have to say that I have not used it and due to the fact that I only have one tiger machine left and snowleopard is about to be released and I am no longer looking back as there are too many incompatibilities in doing things on leopard and then on tiger or panther.

As for sslXproxy, don't change a thing as the assp and the perl module support still has issues with ssl/tls so your current configuration will be fine for now. When assp updates for ssl I will release a config change.

Tom

At 4:31 PM -0500 4/17/09, Anthony Clark wrote:
Tom,
I think you mentioned in an earlier post that if one was running CA2 it would be better to do a reinstall of the OS before changing to ASSP because CA2 messes with perl (or something like that). Is this absolutely necessary, as I am running EIMS and sslXproxy in production, do not have another Intel Mac, and would hate to screw things up.

In regard to sslXproxy, could you go over again the process of setting that up with ASSP. I'm somewhat visual and need to get this right.

Thanks,
Tony Clark
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx