[ctw] Re: ASSP and out of office replies

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:24:41 -0400

Rick,

As an update, if your mail system places in a header as part of its auto reply just add the header to redre.txt and the content will be auto redlisted.

Tom

At 12:42 PM -0500 5/6/09, Rick Hazey wrote:
As I understand it, sending outbound email through ASSP will help with white-listing. I'm concerned about out of replies that might be sent in response to spam. The config web page suggests manually adding an account to the red-list to avoid this problem. Manually updating the red-list isn't going to work for me; it has to be automated.

Is there a standard header that out of office replies should be adding to an auto-reply email? My email server does not add anything that differentiates an out of office message from other messages.

Anyone else's experience in handling this would be appreciated.

Rick Hazey
Octet Industries, LLC
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw