[ctw] Re: ASSP and out of office replies

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 18:53:32 -0400

At 5:43 PM -0500 5/8/09, Rick Hazey wrote:
On May 8, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Tom Shaw wrote:

As an update, if your mail system places in a header as part of its auto reply just add the header to redre.txt and the content will be auto redlisted.

My mail servers don't appear to add a header to auto-reply emails. I was wondering if there was a standard that all mail servers should be following to add headers in a consistent manner.

Then I could use the redlist regex rules to populate the redlist, which would be the way to go for me. We have too many users to do it manually and I'm afraid the whitelist would get polluted very quickly.

Thought you had Exchange/MS OutLook users. They put in a header, not RFC3834 compliant but a header nevertheless:

Content-Type\: message\/disposition-notification

Tom
--
Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/ local wx: http://www.oitc.com/weather