[ctw] ASSP and out of office replies

  • From: "Rick Hazey" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 12:42:16 -0500

As I understand it, sending outbound email through ASSP will help with
white-listing. I'm concerned about out of replies that might be sent in
response to spam. The config web page suggests manually adding an account to
the red-list to avoid this problem. Manually updating the red-list isn't going
to work for me; it has to be automated.

Is there a standard header that out of office replies should be adding to an
auto-reply email? My email server does not add anything that differentiates an
out of office message from other messages.

Anyone else's experience in handling this would be appreciated.

Rick Hazey
Octet Industries, LLC
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw