[cryptome] Re: [cryptography] Help investigate cell phone snooping by police nationwide

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 11:20:38 +0100

Dear John Young  & Colleaugues,
In one answer to your question below, I just put my mobile in the fridge and tried dialling it...nuffink, nada, no answer, instead it went to my voicemail, which I have never learned to configure. Unfortunately I was unable to climb into the fridge to see if I could dial out using it...Just thought I'd let you know. My little experiment is not full proof (or is it fool proof) of course...and I don't know the extent to how much it works or doesn't work, range and so on. But I can see now the whole of the security industry and the whistleblowers around the world trying it out for themselves. Maybe Snowden was right...And there was I thinking that he might be suffering from hot balls...mind you it works for that too...I suppose...
ATB
Douglas Rankine

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:02 AM, John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there reliable evidence that putting mobiles in a fridge is any
better illusory comsec than putting pillows around the door also
comically exhibited to clueless journalists favored by Showman
Snowden? Or at least as tall-taled by comical Glenn.