[cryptome] Roark V USA: Reply by Government asking court to refuse to unseal documents

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:57:01 +0100

Even if the search of Diane Roark's premises was unlawful. The government
has the right to retain any documents seized which are classified or belong
to the government, is the main contention being made by the US government to
Dian Roark's request for the unsealing of her documents. They are also
denying that they have got any which belong to her. She can't find that out,
until the documents have been unsealed. They don't want the documents
(which may or may not exist) unsealed because they may or may not reveal
unclassified information. They have got her bang to rights, as far as I
can see, but I could be wrong, we will need to wait until the judge
decides...

An Aside.

For your information; Even if classified documents are plastered all over
the internet for everyone to see...that doesn't mean to say that they become
unclassified. They have to go through an approved, legal classification
procedure. Until that happens, they are a big government secret...and a
citizen cannot get justice because they can't present evidence from
Cryptome, Wikipedia or such like which can be used in court, because it is
hearsay or not original...and may have been doctored...God Forbid... J.