[cryptome] Re: Roark V USA: Reply by Government asking court to refuse to unseal documents

  • From: Andrew Hornback <achornback@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 11:38:30 -0400

I'm thinking "bigsun" has something to do with the Sunshine Act...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_in_the_Sunshine_Act

"The Government in the Sunshine Act ... is a U.S. law passed in 1976 that
affects the operations of the federal government, Congress, federal
commissions, and other legally constituted federal bodies. It is one of a
number of Freedom of Information Acts, intended to create greater
transparency in government."

And if transparency has done anything since this was passed in 1976, it's
gotten thrown to the wolves.

--- A

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Douglas Rankine <
douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Under US Law..Two wrongs can make a right then... :-).

I thought that the judge's decision was very concise and very clear. Got
rid of all the garbage and clutter around the question. It was a nice
touch for the NSA to use a low ranking person for the finale...just to rub
salt in the wound. She may, of course, appeal, but that costs and I think
the result is pretty clear. At least she must be congratulated for trying,
and we have all learned a lot from her experiences.

What is "bigsun project"...pray?
ATB.
Dougi