[cryptome] MI5: Fancy Dress Operation

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:43:21 +0000

Apparently in a terrorist court case to be conducted in New York very soon. MI5 case officers are to be allowed to attend the court in fancy dress. The itinerary allowed for the purposes of disguise, include wigs, moustaches and beards, false noses, ears and other such accoutrements. MI5 has expressed concerns that even then the attendees at the court will see through their disguises and would feel more comfortable with a greater degree of anonymity. And dressed up in such a way might mean that they lose their credibility and might not be believed. This is quite difficult to achieve in US courts due to the Constitution...personally, I wouldn't know...

see url:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/21/british-mi5-agents-wigs-makeup-conceal-identity-trial-al-qaida-bomb-plots

Where do they get such ideas from...see url:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/sep/04/booksnews.nationalarchives
Such prejudices are rooted in history.

I wonder if anyone will go dressed as a David Shayler lookalike...or Dolores Kane as he came to be known.
see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Shayler
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/what-renegade-mi5-officer-david-shayler-did-next-1763246.html
Enjoy,