[cryptome] Re: Guns and Hand Drills as Part of Authorised Torture

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:12:02 +0000

Hi Shaun,
Did you see the photos of the Gaurdian reporters destroying their hard disks? This was done on the advice of GCHQ and the I.T. manager at the Gaurdian. They used drills and broke up the hard disks on their computers, which contained the "secret" information from Snowden. GCHQ found this method very acceptable, as did the law courts, which are there to protect our human rights; apparently so did the Guardian. Talk about propaganda...the people on this list know that you can't destroy information on a hard disk, by breaking it up into little bits... You have to melt it.

But there you are, where would we be without myths and legends in our society.

On 11/12/14 21:03, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
indeed a tunnelling electron microscope is very useful in forensic data analysts. the only true way of totally and utterly destroying any electronic trails would be to completely pulverize every hard disk that the emails might possibly have landed on and that's probably a lot of hard disks!!!.
On 11/12/2014 20:42, doug wrote:
Apparently, part of the "enhanced interrogation techniques...i.e. Torture" was the use of guns to the head and hand drills...And those methods of interrogation were ignored. It gets more like Hollywood fantasies the more i get into it. The guy who was being tortured had already given information and agreed to give more...none of it was an "immediate threat". They, the CIA officers who were the interrogators, and who hadn't received training but had been specially selected...their personal records showed abuse, anger management problems and even records of sexual abuse, hadn't received proper training. Some of the other CIA officers, started to feel sick and tried to report what was going on to the higher ups. They were told to continue...

Pretty damning really...still, it is probably all lies...made up by the Democrats. Lots of this stuff is gleaned from internal emails in the CIA. Funny thing about emails and storing them...they are very difficult to get rid of apparently. Deleting them isn't an option, because forensic software can still detect them, and then the person who deleted them can get into deeper shit. Perhaps it is a good idea after all, to record and store everything and awthing on the internet.

*_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _* https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda