[cryptome] Re: Guns and Hand Drills as Part of Authorised Torture

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 22:52:53 +0000

Hi Aftermath.
I never saw them melt it! I don't suppose it matters what one does preceding the melt. More a matter of form and procedure rather than truth.

Just to let you know; as I know that you suffer from extreme impatience... :-). I am working on a little thesis on the differences between thinfisher and ...Trailblazer...and why it led to so much trouble for Diane Roark.

I am also working on the GCHQ hypothetical legal report, which makes mass surveillance of emails electronic and digital data, legal. in particular, the comments of the learned President judge Justice Burton on how the deletion of files protects the human rights of our great UK subjects and citizens of the EU.

Did you know that he is one of the worlds' leading expert in such matters, apparently, deletion of files or human rights, I know not which... :-).

see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Burton_%28judge%29

Watch this space... :-).

P.S. Are you "enjoying" all these recent revelations on leading American citizens including past POTUS, and his toy, the CIA organising torture just to show what they are capable of when it comes to wielding political power? Nowadays, we have drones of course. American soldiers don't get killed and all those terrorists, including babies, within the ambit of collateral damage, do. Human rights, American style are very important for the world of today, don't you think... :-).

On 11/12/14 22:19, Aftermath wrote:
I believe the proper procedure is to do multiple pass zeroing of the platter, disassemble, break THEN melt

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Shaun,
    Did you see the photos of the Gaurdian reporters destroying their
    hard disks?   This was done on the advice of GCHQ and the I.T.
    manager at the Gaurdian. They used drills and broke up the hard
    disks on their computers, which contained the "secret" information
    from Snowden.  GCHQ found this method very acceptable, as did the
    law courts, which are there to protect our human rights;
    apparently so did the Guardian.  Talk about propaganda...the
    people on this list know that you can't destroy information on a
    hard disk, by breaking it up into little bits... You have to melt it.

    But there you are, where would we be without myths and legends in
    our society.

    On 11/12/14 21:03, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
    indeed a tunnelling electron microscope is very useful in
    forensic  data analysts. the only true way of totally and utterly
    destroying any electronic trails would be to completely pulverize
    every hard disk that the emails might possibly have landed on and
    that's probably a lot of hard disks!!!.
    On 11/12/2014 20:42, doug wrote:
    Apparently, part of the "enhanced interrogation
    techniques...i.e. Torture" was the use of guns to the head and
hand drills...And those methods of interrogation were ignored. It gets more like Hollywood fantasies the more i get into it. The guy who was being tortured had already given information and agreed to give more...none of it was an "immediate threat". They, the CIA officers who were the interrogators, and who
    hadn't received training but had been specially selected...their
    personal records showed abuse, anger management problems and
even records of sexual abuse, hadn't received proper training. Some of the other CIA officers, started to feel sick and tried
    to report what was going on to the higher ups. They were told to
    continue...

    Pretty damning really...still, it is probably all lies...made up
    by the Democrats.  Lots of this stuff is gleaned from internal
    emails in the CIA. Funny thing about emails and storing
    them...they are very difficult to get rid of apparently.
    Deleting them isn't an option, because forensic software can
    still detect them, and then the person who deleted them can get
    into deeper shit. Perhaps it is a good idea after all, to record
    and store everything and awthing on the internet.

-- *_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _*

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda