[cryptome] Bitcoin And Block Chain

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 10:32:36 +0100

Dear Colleagues

Not being an expert in such matters but nevertheless an interested observer,
I watched a tv programme the other evening where an advocate was waxing
enthusiastically for using the block chain method as a way of providing
indisputable provenance to works of art, intellectual property, patents, or
diamonds, or origins of other precious stones and such like, much in the way
that we use fingerprinting and other data to establish ownership and history
of an object. Does anyone on here know anything about this area, and if so
would they care to share their knowledge please?