RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:21:34 +0000

Yeap
Unless you can dynamically change modes in the middle of the match it wont make
a difference in the end.
X will still be bad for Y etc.

What is nice is that you can play the character you like the way you like
atleast... hopefully.  Has happened a few times that I liked a char but got put
off because I dont want to play a Zoner/Rushdown/Etc heavy character.

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:18:38 +0200
Subject: Re: USF4 changes!
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a cop out.
There will be character "tiers" regardless.
Dunno if the fight difference will be enough.  Hope so.

Hope it's like Samshod4

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Details on MKX character variations:

Speaking at E3 2014, Boon said that the variations on every character
(they all have three) often are based around distinct play styles.

"One might be more offensive, or defensive, or a distance projectile
one," said Boon. "It makes match ups a lot more of an interesting thing.

"Normally in a fighting game, you might say Raiden is a bad match up
against Scorpion, but [in MKX], you might say Raiden A is a bad match up
 against Scorpion B, but he's good against Scorpion A," Boon continued.

"All of those add a lot more variables in play to the combat," he concluded.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/11/boon-match-ups-change-lot-mortal-kombat-x-variations-scorpion-summons-minion-torr-enhances-self-ditching-companion/