Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:35:09 +0200

*lol*
On 6 Jul 2015 16:32, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cancelled due to LB being a fraud.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When is ssf2t invitational?
On 6 Jul 2015 16:27, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To nerf or not to nerf...
I give you - Jojo's ASB, patched out an infinite for everybody.
Aaaannnnd done.
#Game Testing.

My fg banes for now. (Based on my opinion... just to get that clear)
UMVC3 - TOD combos from round start. Character choice limited at high
level play.
Ultra Street fighter 4 - Counterpick has massive influence.
Mortal Kombat X - plain old guesswork for thetplays. Breakers give no
advantage.
GGXrd - reeeeediculous damage from certain characters and pitiful damage
from others.
KOF13 - not played anymore :(
KOF2002um - character balance? Wtf is that?
Tekken - seriously? People still play that?
I seriously enjoy Jojos, it's too bad no-one else got interested in it,
but 30fps was a mistake.
On 6 Jul 2015 15:46, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Insane!

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Don't remember if this was posted

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/12/arc-system-works-acquires-the-rights-to-river-city-ransom-and-double-dragon/

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/technos/

A new Double Dragon game by Arcsys? That would be godlike.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Their biggest mistake is taking cues from tournament players. Just
as good players don't necessarily make good coaches, they also don't make
good game designers.

The competitive approach is that everything should be stupidly strong
and players should use their skill to adjust. This is good in theory,
but
very hard to do in practice. They should leave stuff like this to
professional Battle Directors, not gamers. Tournament players should be
involved in testing, not design.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If the guys making the games can't do a good job without fan
feedback then they are incompetent and should kill themselves.
Nobody has any balls anymore, be it a game,movie,album etc you are
only gonna get the good stuff if someone with a good idea gets to
realise
it without being forced in certain directions.
Art is not a fucking democracy.

But that ideal creative process makes investors disappear so ..
Sigh.

On Monday, 6 July 2015, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some moves just can't simply be patched out by numbers...some stuff
needs to be removed or change it's "low/overhead" to something else
completely.

I hope they make every character's variations either useful or fun
to play. I mean what's the point of Kitana's mournful variation...

It would be hilariously broken if they scrapped the whole variation
idea and fused all 3 variation into 1 character...get ready for some
broken
ass shit if that happens lolz

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Didn't scorp have some 70% combo during demo?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting posts from Viscant. I do wonder though if the NRS
games would’ve lost people regardless of their non-stop patching. I
guess
we’ll never know. And after all their MK9 patches, they still
couldn’t
balance the game properly. At least Injustice was balanced, not that
I was
particularly cheerful about the way in which they did it – like the
Bladam
walk speed nerf…

I wonder how Subby or Scorp would’ve been in MK9 if they hadn’t
nerfed them at the start.