Re: [cpsig] Re: Did it ever happen

  • From: "KVRailway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:06:44 -0700

I read a bit about the CPR history and at one point the Northern Michigan route was favoured. I always tought that CPR involvment with the Soo was kinda selfish , my feeling is that CPR kept Soo Line going for its own purpose either to, as I proposed use the southern route as a shortcut or just to have an alternate route should they have problems on their own main line. I also figured that owning an american Railroad gave CP an entry to the US shipping market.

How so selfish? I don't follow your logic here. American railways did such things all the time, including building lines into Canadian territory to complete directly with Canadian lines.

Joe Smuin