Re: [cpsig] Re: CPR 5900 Selkirk's west of Taft, BC.

  • From: "K V Railway" <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:25:44 -0800

I remember one old, now departed, CPR official attempting to get some photos out of another, also now departed, CPR official. These guys had both had some interesting stuff and were each collecting anything and everything they could lay their hands on. Neither was particularly inclined to spread it around. After a few rebuffs, my old friend muttered that our mutual acquaintance was 'like a hen sitting on chalk eggs.' The comment was all the more amusing to me because that was a classic case of the coffee pot calling the tea kettle black!

Joe Smuin

-----Original Message----- From: DAVID LEECH
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:10 PM
To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cpsig] Re: CPR 5900 Selkirk's west of Taft, BC.

I don't mind collectors, but I do wish that some of them were willing to share information.
I contacted someone with apparently an enormous collection of CP photos as I am looking for some to help in a modelling project, and he refused to help.
I guess they are 'his' photos to do as he wishes, but what purpose is having them if you never let anyone else ever see them!
Hopefully when he dies they won't all be destroyed, but maybe that's written in his will!
All the best,
David Leech, Delta, BC

On 2010-11-15, at 4:39 PM, Jeff Pinchbeck wrote:

I tend to break the collectors out as 2 different types. Those that collect
for the sake of owning something unique and. investors who collect in the
hope of what they collected will some day be valuable.

From my observations the investor types check-out before they can cash-in.

Jeff