[cpha] Re: cpha Digest V2 #69

  • From: G Burridge <gburridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 21:44:34 -0400

At 08/07/2020 08:54 PM (), you wrote:

Ray
I have offered the same advice twice before. Switch to individual emails. You will actually end up with less total data and all the messages will be readable as well. Also deletable if you wish.

Dave Pottinger
As I recall(back in the yahoo era and likely now on freelist), if receiving multiple postings as a single file(IOW, in digest mode), even though just replying to a particular message among the many, ALL postings, as well as that one, on the received file will be broadly re-transmitted too if not manually deleted.
Excessive message length doesn't just involve digests. Not being aware of what has fallen off the bottom of the screen is an 'undocumented feature' of reply top-posting. The opposite annoyance is receiving curt replies with no included context..

Gerry Burridge - PO Box 152 - Pte.Claire-Dorval, Que. - H9R 4N9

"Labour is prior to, and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labour,
and could never have existed if Labour had not first existed. Labour is superior
to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --- Abraham Lincoln