[contestms] Re: CMS has been used in the Chilean Olympiads in Informatics

  • From: Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 09:14:17 +0200

Hi.

Il 20/05/2013 03:32, Luis Alberto Herrera González ha scritto:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I just would like to let you know that CMS has been used on the Chilean
> Olympiads in Informatics (OCI in spanish). We ran the system on Amazon EC2
> machines.

Very good, thank you for letting us know! (and, in particular, good to
know that CMS worked well using EC2)

> We had two rounds. The first one was a classification round, distributed on
> around 7 venues. We used one medium instance for the core of CMS including
> Contest Web Server, Administration interface and Ranking Web server, plus 8
> small instances running a Worker each one. With a load of 75 users and no
> issues.
>
> For the national round we had 18 contestants. We ran with the following
> setup: 1 small server for the CMS core, including Contest Web Server and
> Admin interface, 2 small instances running a worker each one, and 1 small
> instance running the Ranking Web Server. Again, we had no issues.
>
> I would like to thank all the people working on CMS. It allowed us to
> organize a national competition without having to worry too much about the
> judging system. We even made some mistakes with the input/output of one
> problem, and the system allowed us to fix the problem and reevaluate the
> submissions quite easily. CMS just worked flawlessly.

As you may have noticed, Luca Wehrstedt recently announced a the task
versioning feature, which will probably simplify even more this procedure:

//www.freelists.org/post/contestms/Announcing-task-versioning-and-calling-for-review

It's not released yet, but we expect it to be available in CMS 1.1.

> It would be great if you would like to add us to your testimonials list.

I just added you. :-)

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>