[contestms] CMS has been used in the Chilean Olympiads in Informatics

  • From: Luis Alberto Herrera González <herrera.luis.alberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 21:32:33 -0400

Hi everyone!

I just would like to let you know that CMS has been used on the Chilean
Olympiads in Informatics (OCI in spanish). We ran the system on Amazon EC2
machines.

We had two rounds. The first one was a classification round, distributed on
around 7 venues. We used one medium instance for the core of CMS including
Contest Web Server, Administration interface and Ranking Web server, plus 8
small instances running a Worker each one. With a load of 75 users and no
issues.

For the national round we had 18 contestants. We ran with the following
setup: 1 small server for the CMS core, including Contest Web Server and
Admin interface, 2 small instances running a worker each one, and 1 small
instance running the Ranking Web Server. Again, we had no issues.

I would like to thank all the people working on CMS. It allowed us to
organize a national competition without having to worry too much about the
judging system. We even made some mistakes with the input/output of one
problem, and the system allowed us to fix the problem and reevaluate the
submissions quite easily. CMS just worked flawlessly.

It would be great if you would like to add us to your testimonials list.

Regards,
Luis Alberto Herrera
Tech Lead OCI 2013