RE: [ConstellationTalk] context of the Russian workshop

  • From: Alison Rose Levy <LevyAR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ConstellationTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:53:59 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thank you, Dan,
Although it has been a few years since I have written into this forum, along with my brother, Dan, who just shared this poignant history, I am one of the first generation of American practitioners trained in systemic work by Hellinger and his leading European teachers. Having practiced this work until 2008, I was drafted to serve the larger field of the collective unfoldment of history on behalf of current and future generations as a reporter and messenger about protecting health, food, the environment, and democratic forms.
This work was deeply influenced by the systemic perspective of my immersion in constellation work.
As such, I don't perceive the soul as an abstract formless substance descending from outer space but as an evolution experienced, embodied and evolved (or devolved) within families as influenced by and influencing social and political systems. While it is essential to reflect on the parameters and ethics of the mental health profession, it is wise not to dissociate that reflection from the long term movements of history and society as Dan so eloquently documents.
Writing from within the U.S. and looking at trends in current affairs globally, it is no longer enough to serve an individual or a family field abstracted from the trends in the world right now which will in large measure serve to determine the survival of humans on earth. If people doing this work lay claim to a systemic perspective than it's time to closely examine how the ethics, values, and activities embedded in this (and all) human endeavors align with long term historic trends and patterns as they manifest today. In addition to looking at families, we also need to see this moment of history— because like it or not each one of us is aligned with the evolution or devolution of society and the corresponding aftermaths. Dan has done a superb job of defining the historic precedents for what constellators are being invited to condone. In the light of history, with whom do each of us choose to stand in determining the directions of societies who will determine the fate of all humans on earth?
Alison