[CTS] Re: iMac Wow! Some issues

  • From: Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:52:54 -0600

I assume, move to trash can is the way to remove apps?

That's the way it's done. A person really should go through ~/ Library and /Library to kill any files left behind (prefs, etc), but for the most part everyone just drags things to the trash. Some installers can uninstall as well.

I'm using Mail.app right now.  :-)

I assume this is the one with the postage stamp icon? I was thinking
of installing Mozilla's Thunderbird. But I do not think so since this is
dirty easy and hardly any options. (Which is great). Mozilla had something
with making it look like the mac. Camillo or something. I may try that.

Yes, Mail.app/Apple Mail/Mail, it's known by all of those. I believe Apple had a program named "Apple Mail" years ago (or someone did), so I stick with "Mail.app" when referring to it.

Camino is Mozilla's OS X-only browser designed to be more like other OS X applications.

** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm