[CTS] iMac Wow! Some issues

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:38:17 -0500

OS 9.2.2 sucks the big one.

OS X 10.2.8 is slick and great. And it is VERY USER FRIENDLY unlike 9.2.2.
And it runs just fine on a G3-400Mhz w/512 meg ram.

Left over stuff:
I wish I had 10.3 or 10.4. MSN Messenger 5 will not install. Is there a v4
for OSX floating out there?

Best way to install OS 9.2.2 for classic. I do not want it to boot to it, or
be dual boot. I cannot even thow on the DVD firmware without it. I should'a
done it first.

OpenOffice 2 errored out. v1 said something about the UI that I thought it
might replace Aqua with so I canceled. Said there will be a Aqua one in the
future. So no word proccessor till I get classic installed.

I found a cool widget for Grandma. The dictionary one, but is for 10.3 and
up (Widgets)

Any free AV out there? Has a built in firewall. WOW!

Too simple to setup, like XP with internet. Nothing screwy when I took it
home to get all the updates that Mac will not let you download manually that
would have taken forever.

And Download Accelerator free for Mac?

I hate that it forces you to register the OS. GAH!

IE is dead anyways so I think that will be moved to the trash can. Firefox
looks ok, but Safari which hides and only puts IE in the dock durring
install (Dunno why) is what she will use, keeps it simple. The e-mail
program is really easy and the iCal that was installed dunno if she would
need that.