[CTS] Re: blank screen

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:16:17 EST

Do you have another monitor you can exchange out and see if it's the monitor?
  I'd say either the video card went bad or the monitor depending on the age
of the pc, also check the cord coming out of the monitor in the back, on my
other pc setup, it's loose and it will go off if someone moves the monitor.
Sometimes it's just a loose cord.
How old is the monitor, how old is the pc?
I have XP on this machine but it's about 6+ or so years old, my video card
has been replaced once and my monitor has been replaced once.  Just some
thoughts!
                                                   Jackie

In a message dated 1/23/2006 1:57:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robbins_d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
the video card is a part of the mother board.  The is
nothing on the screen.  the only thing that is getting
power is the fan on the mother board.