[CTS] Re: Laptop Problem Solved

  • From: Bruce Eddy <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:29:28 -0400

No no no. Youre fine Jackie? I just meant her reply sounded like she was apologizing for not following my suggestion. Or that she thought my 'toldjaso' was actually serious? She should know me better than thy by now???))) I'm sorry I should have been more specific. Hope i didnt hurt your feelings. I really meant no harm. Gonna have to be more explicit next time I mouth off.))

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2009, at 10:19 PM, jmacwhirter@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Well there are two Jackies here on the list hehehehe!!! I just couldn't resist we both have laptops <G>

From: Bruce Eddy
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:21:06 -0400
To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CTS] Re: Laptop Problem Solved
Ok who are you and what have you done with the real Jackie!?!? This sounds too much like an apology to be the real deal? The real Jackie would have known I was just teasing? Russ, Tee call out the national guard or the Marines we got an imposter in the mix. Heck call the Whitehouse.... Oh, cancel that one,we lrwasy got 1 imposter , no sense adding another one???))) All my toldjaso meant was when you can find a solution relatively fast, take the system back to 'simple' setup. Meaning if your network ain't working, remove any extra stuff. Didn't mean you were dumb to be using it? Sheesh!! You might find you can now reinstall ZA and it will work just fine? Until we find the real Jackie, cool it on the apologies? Youre blowing your cover!! Just send back one if her cute kittle giggles and maybe folowed by some smarta** remark? Like she would have done.
))))))

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2009, at 9:59 AM, CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/12/2009 8:45:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes: Ok i wont say toldjaso??))nope not me nosireebob.... oh, wait, i guess I just did,huh ))))
Ok, ram issue could be...
Motherboard gets used on several of their systems which have more power or other features/hardware,etc? The bios is geared specific to the options you 'bought'. They can even put in a dummy'ed down version of the bios to keep you from doing things, like adding more ram, than the options you paid for. Odds are hi the same board in a higher end system with a different bios would run just fine. Could also be a timing issue in the ram settings in the bios. If you have option, showing in the bios, of changing settings for the ram you might try that. But my limited experience in Dell bios's is they're all pretty limited on what you can change.
Hth
All typos are iPhone's fault!!!!!!!))))
Bruce..I've used ZA for years..and years..I've had exactly two issues with it during those times..all in all I felt it was a good product. SO...something in my pc did not like ZA..*shrug*...maybe when they come out with a later version I'll try it again..if not..I'll just use Windows firewall for now. As for the ram issue in my desktop, I will check things out when I have time..it's driving me crazy though. Thank goodness the ram was cheap..so I'm not out a lot of moola for it. I'll save it as a back up if I need it some day..and find I really can't use it in this monster. TY...Jackie