[CTS] Re: Back to School ?

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:29:37 -0700

Not to worry about those old KGB ops now. The big problem nowadays is kids like Eric !
Put him in a uniform and I'd defect <G> !

Russ Blakeman wrote:

I know the name Virgil I. "Gus" Grissom all too well - the building we
worked out of at Chanute, while the base was still active, was named in
memoriam in his honor - Grissom Hall. Now that has been removed and it's
simply the Octave Chanute AeroMuseum.

I knew people that saw cars coming into common use and replacing horses that
were amazed that the Buck Rogers and Jules Verne science fiction was
becoming more reality than fiction - my parents still had horses for certain
uses in inner city chicago up until about 1947 when laws and ways of doing
things changed. The CPD still runs mounted police along the lake front
downtown, out of middle 19th century stables that used to belong to the
Chicago Fire Dept when they were horse drawn wagons with hand powered pumps.

Things change - I'm now very close friends with a guy in cinncinati that was
a KGB operative that I would have been courtsmartialed for communicating
with as little as 15 or so yrs ago...back in the mid 80's he would have been
trying to work info from people in my job (nuke air launched missiles) and I
of course would have to report all contact with people like him. It still
has me a little on edge especially to have him in the US as a citizen just
like me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm