[COMP] Re: computer becoming slow REFORMAT!!! John

  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:54:59 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/00 12:48:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm talkin linux and its kernel source (which is like 50+ megs alone),
 netscape (eck, another 20), KDE and GNOME (no clue on their usage),
 Windowmaker (small), all of X (big.. 15 megs?), apache, sendmail,
 bind...  I installed lots of stuff that you'd never need on a desktop
 machine, simply because it was faster and easier to do a "Full install,
 no prompting for package selection" than a "Custom, pick and choose"
 install.   >>

Speaking of, that class I was telling you about hits linux next week if I'm
not mistaken.  I'm pretty sure they're doing a couple of installs of some
variety, so could you post the address of your Linux List again for me to
pass along?  I already have your How-To thing ready to give him, but I was
thinking you were gonna do a Linux List as well.

Thanks John,
Donna

Get computer help: http://avenir.dhs.org