IRB thoughts

  • From: ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:12:14 -0400

I see Jonanna's point, but, one might also look at this another way. Some
people sumbit a method to IRB before writing and researching (researching
especially) thoroughly. Then, they discover after they think it all through
in the course of writing 3 chapters that they want to do something a bit
different from what they gave IRB to approve. They'd have to get approval
all over again. There are missteps possible in either version.

Of course, I write this comfortably from the position of a person writing a
theoretical dissertation, with no need for IRB madness at all.